I was recently invited by Irving Middle School in Springfield, Virginia to share my personal and professional strategies for success.
Strategies For Success is a class that specializes in student voice, advocacy, and mindfulness as they navigate academic, social, and job related issues. As part of the course, students learn strategies to help them organize classwork and daily routine, write e-mails, and complete routine tasks to reach their goals.
Some of the questions I answered include:
- What is your highest level of education and where did you get it?
- What do you do now? What does a typical day look like?
- What is a perk of your job? What is something that makes your job difficult?
- How do you organize your tasks that need to be completed?
- How did you get where you are now?
- What are some of your personal strengths?
- What are some of your personal weaknesses?
- What is an obstacle that you overcame? And how did you overcome it?
- What is one piece of advice that you have for a student today?
Watch and enjoy!