Welcome! My name is Claire Vlcek. (Pronounced “vol-check.” It’s difficult, I know.)
I am a seasoned writer specializing in healthcare and technology. I help companies communicate in creative, targeted, and effective ways. My career includes over 10 years’ experience in content development, marketing strategy, and educational publishing. With my curiosity and drive, I’ll propel your brands forward.
Raised in the mountains of Colorado, I inject a sense of adventure into everything I do. Home is currently in the San Francisco Bay Area, California.
Giant Creative Strategy
San Francisco, CA, 2015-Present
Copy supervisor at an industry leading agency specializing in pharmaceutical brands, products, and devices.
- Create compelling content for digital and printed deliverables, including websites, mobile applications, banner ads, pay-per-click ads, emails, fliers, brochures, sales aids, and more
- Adept ability to understand and summarize medical papers and conferences, clinical trials, and research notes and findings
- Fact check, annotate references, and submit tactics in accordance with medical, legal, and FDA regulations
- Specialized knowledge in dermatology, hematology, immunology, patient support programs, rare diseases, and more
- Giant Employee of the Month in recognition of my teamwork and brand stewardship
Content Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CA, 2014-2015
Content marketing manager responsible for the creation and management of all digital, print, and product-related content.
- Develop and maintain fresh and approachable, yet respected, voice across all materials
- Improve company mentions in published articles from less than 1 article per quarter to more than 15 per quarter
- Manage successful implementation of SEO strategy with immediate, trackable results
The Sandbox Agency (formerly GA Communication Group)
Chicago, IL, 2011-2014
Copywriter at a healthcare communications and marketing agency specializing in pharmaceutical brands, products, and devices.
Associate Editor at an independent book publisher known for its scholarly books, textbooks, and journals in politics, the social sciences, and the humanities.
Skilled with WordPress, web HTML, Google apps and cloud, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office, Prezi, WebEx, Join.me, ExactTarget, annotation systems such as Zinc and Veeva, and social media.
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA)
- American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- Communications and Marketing Committee
- Courses completed: Sentence Diagramming for Clarity and Practicality; Tables and Graphs
Bachelor of Arts
University of Denver (DU), Denver, CO
- Double-major in English and US History
- Study abroad program, London, UK; emphasis on British literature
Interested in working together? Please fill out the form below.